CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Lonesome Road

This summer, Husband and I have been carpooling to work about 40 minutes from where we live. Husband works there year-round, and I am temporarily supplementing our income during the summer. [Again, WHY?! Why am I not allowed to lay on the couch all day?] About 4 of the 5 week days, we drive one car. I like to think of it as our personal attempt to save the environment. Cameron Diaz bought a Prius, Al Gore makes documentaries, and we carpool.

Sadly, my time in the far-away workforce is about to come to an end. [Or NOT sadly! HAHAHAHA!] I have mentioned how blessed I am to have my job, but the commute? The commute nearly destroys my soul each and every day. I now have a new-found appreciation for Husband, who makes this soul-destroying drive every day regardless of the season. Soon, I will be free to stay within 2 miles of my apartment, blissfully driving to and from campus and NOTHING MORE.

This morning, as we were saving the environment, I asked Husband how he would BEAR facing that drive every morning WITHOUT ME?! Obviously, I am the factor holding it all together. "Will you be sad?" I asked. "Will you sigh loudly every few minutes, thinking, 'if only my wife was here to ease my suffering. If only the radiance of her presence could expel the darkness facing me as I fling my vehicle recklessly down I-35' ?"

His response?

"I couldn't have said it any better myself."

Obviously.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

lolololol, You guys are CRACK me up!!! OH Kristina's HUSBAND!!!! You are a jewel. LOVE to my sweet Author Daughter