CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 18, 2008

bringing it back

scenes from a family dinner, in which the participants discuss the idiosyncrasies of acapella singing:

Me: We're definitely not short on the joy in our singing here. We "fly away" on a regular basis. Its nice, though, the joy.

The Boss: Yeah, at least its not the other extreme. [deadpans, straight-faced and monotone] Praise the Lord. Thank you, Lord.

Motha!: Please! Sometimes I can't keep myself from gettin' down. I just hope people around me don't make fun of the way I sing. I don't use the suggested notes. I pick my own notes.

Brother Robby: I've decided that you get to pick someone that you sound like to God. When you sing, He actually hears the other person. I picked John Mayer.

Husband: Hey, I do that, too!

Motha!: Yeah? Who are you?

Husband: [sheepishly] Justin Timberlake.

1 comments:

Evelina said...

Say what you will, Justin Timberlake has a good voice.

I choose Fiona Apple.