CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 30, 2007

Birthday Weekend

Yesterday was Husband's birthday. Happy Birthday, Husband! As such, this entire weekend was dubbed by Husband as "My Birthday Weekend." For three solid days, I lost all notion of personal sovereignty.

"Will you go to Panera and get me 2 Cinnamon Crunch bagels? Its My Birthday Weekend."

"Will you come with me to Brother Robby's while I play his XBox 360 for several hours? Its My Birthday Weekend."

"Will you go to the mall with me while I spend my giftcards? Its My Birthday Weekend." [As shopping is on my top 10 list of Things I'd Rather Eat Live Maggots Than Do, this one was especially hard to swallow.]

"Will you scratch my back? Its My Birthday Weekend."

To his credit, Husband never demanded anything. He asked very politely. He simply reminded me of the date. Every 30 seconds.

I should have known I had this coming. Growing up, we never had to do chores or even lift a finger on our birthdays. It was the one day of the year I could ask my brothers to wait on me hand and foot and they could not say no because, hello?! It was my birthday. I remember fondly the ridiculous requests I would come up with every December 28. While my mom was always willing to take care of us, even when it wasn't our birthday, I always made sure that Brother Robby or Little Scotty [who now, at 16, is much bigger than I am and doesn't really deserve that title] was the lucky person who got to rub my feet or watch a girly movie with me or ride a bike to the store to get me a candy bar.

So, if this is how Husband wants to play it, its ON. I have 23 years of experience on him. He better start training now because once its MY Birthday Weekend, he will be carrying me around all day. Like the Princess that I am.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like little Kristina is falling in nicely like the good SUBMISSIVE wife she is! You should do that all of the time! He's the man, youre the woman, any questions? good! Any guess on who I am?

Kristina said...

I'm a little afraid to ask. Anonymous, reveal yourself!

Anonymous said...

Whoa who is this anonymous--- It's usually me!! But not this time--- LEt's teach him or her the meaning of Submission---- Kristina, wife that she is, is loved like Christ loved the Church by HUSBAND, and she is submissive to him as God intended. I am blessed to see a marriage based on Godly principles not Man MADE culture that uses the word submissive in a way that would make God very very disappointed in that MAN. OH WELL there was a RANT!!! LOVE to the HUSBAND and Kristina for there love for the LORD.

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can say that I approve of with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is even now a without question as you did in the decrease efflux of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=office 2007 ?
I noticed the utter you have not used. Or you use the pitch-dark methods of promotion of the resource. I have a week and do necheg