CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

in which I digress

Today marks the beginning of the countdown to the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, China. HOORAY! I LOVE the Olympics in a traditionally girly way. I love the gymnasts and the figure skaters. I love to see them twist and fling their little bodies across various surfaces. Love it.

In fact, I love the Olympics so much that once my mom used my love against me. She once grounded me FROM THE OLYMPICS. That's right. I was grounded from the finals of the women's all around in gymnastics the year that Dominique Moceanu ended up winning gold (1996, I think). I don't know that I had ever been that upset in my young life. [Granted, I had not yet started driving and had my keys taken away from me for a month for a WARNING. Not a ticket, a warning. But I digress.]

[Actually, I digresss further. What kind of idiot tells their parents that they were pulled over and the policeman let them go with a warning? A VALIDATION-SEEKING, FIRST-BORN idiot, that's who. WHAT. A. MORON. Little Scotty, if you're reading this, don't tell mom and dad if you get a warning. I mean, I know you don't speed and you also don't talk bad about people and you drink enough "special water" that you don't even stink, but if the worst happens, DON'T TELL THEM. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES. Slow yourself down and keep your keys.]

What was I even talking about?

Oh, Olympics. Yes. I love the Olympics. And mom, I'm sorry for whatever I did that made you ground me from them. And please don't hate me for the above.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh little girl!!! How your mother loves you. Look at how lovely you have turned out. The little bit of discipline you needed was hard and I know you hated it, that's why it worked!!!! You are a great driver and you don't talk back to your MOTHA(ie the grounding from the olympics) The things us mothers have to put up with!! It was the hardest punishment on myself too. We so enjoyed watching the olympics together! But I hope you know it was all worth the pain. I have a daughter who loves the LORD and can trust his promises. Because if HE says not to do it or that he will do it, HE MEANS it. JUST LIKE MOTHA!!! Love you tons- and PS Scotty better tell MOTHA if he is stopped by the police- KRISTINA LEE -= BAD BAD advice
MOTHA always knows!!!

Whitney said...

yeah i got grounded for 9 weeks for getting a B. our parents are re-dic-ulous. the things i got grounded for. oh well, apparently grounding me for B's was worth it...since i DIDNT get a scholarship for it and i didnt get to use the Valedictorianness for anything. GOSH.
i still liek them i guess ;)