CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 15, 2007

remove foot from mouth

The Boss was visiting on Thursday, and he and Brother Robby came over to eat cake with Husband and I. Anytime either The Boss or Motha! comes to visit, the other one gets a little jealous of the face time with the kids. We don't get to all be together nearly enough, and any time spent with each other is highly coveted. Motha! is always telling me about how she brags to The Boss whenever she sees us, and The Boss likes to whine about how he is always left out of the loop.

So we're all hanging out, eating cake, and Motha! calls. I immediately know that we're all in trouble. We had been hanging out for a good 15 minutes without calling Motha! to let her in on the fun. This is just not done. Motha! must be included. After telling Motha! all our favorite parts of the past 15 minutes, The Boss promised to call back. Brother Robby and I were laughing about how The Boss would be able to hold this over her head for at least a week.

Only, Husband doesn't quite understand how this whole system works. He couldn't figure out why we were saying Motha! would be so "upset."

"I mean, I really think you (The Boss) have a lot more to complain about than she does. You're just here for this one night. When she comes, she stays for DAYS."

Oops.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!!!! GREGORY RYAN BOOKER!!!!!( This is a MOTHA Holler) What do you mean DAYSSSSSSS, I am sure you meant - Oh, she only gets to stay for a very short while-- NOT near long enough for MY liking!!! RIGHT my sweet son!!! ( MOTHA LAWS in the making- move over MAN laws- I am coming out)With all love MOTHA

Kelly Riggs said...

Geez, Sis...you had to go and put that in the Blog? Holy Smokes!
Motha! calls them Motha! Laws (a take-off of Motha!-in-Law, I'm sure), but I call them Motha! "Rant and rave and make blood shoot out of my eyes".

You get the picture.