CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

living your vows

I have this teeny little problem when I drive. I tend to scream (loudly) at other drivers when they do inappropriate things like cut me off, swerve into my lane, or leave their blinker on. Unfortunately, I can't keep myself from doing this even when I am on the phone, and I tend to interrupt myself (and others) with my commentary.

"So, today, my students discussed this essay that talked how-- HEY BUDDY, AM I BOTHERING YOU? I WAS JUST OVER HERE DRIVING IN BETWEEN THE LINES, BUT DON'T LET ME BOTHER YOU WHILST YOU TRY OUT YOUR NEW DRIVING OVER THE LINES TECHNIQUE!"

What's the big deal, right?

This particular habit is really annoying to Husband, so annoying that he has enacted a ban on talking to me while I am driving. Which I was doing this afternoon when he called me. THUS:

"Hi! You called me back!"

"Yeah, I got your message."

"Baaaaaabe, I always have to leave you a sweet message to PROVE that I called since you always say your phone didn't say that I called."

"Yeah, didn't see that one coming."

"So, I'm on my way home."

"You're driving?"

"Yes."

"Gotta go."

"Babe, no! I can do better, I promise! I bet I can go this entire conversation without screaming at other drivers."

"I doubt it."

"Babe, you vowed, 'in sickness and in health.'"

"Yes, this is your sickness."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, This is hilarious!! Oh Kristina, do not deprive you readers of their morning laughs! Love it!