CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

not exactly taking one for the team

Husband and I really hate going to the grocery store. Its just a pain. In fact, I don't know anyone who actually likes going to the grocery store. Anyone? Seriously? Does anyone like it?

Because of our intense dislike of shopping for groceries (which makes sense for me because I just hate shopping in general, but Husband? The cover model? He who shops for fun? What's up with that?), we usually put it off until the last minute. For us, the last minute is late Sunday night after our Life Group. So, a few nights ago, we found ourselves, once again, trudging to the grocery store.

Sometimes we use the "divide and conquer" method to get ourselves out of there more quickly; Husband will gather his lunch-packing essentials while I take care of produce and dinner items. Well, Sunday night at the last minute I realized that I needed an avacado to serve with our tortilla soup.

"Will you run back and grab an avacado?"

"I don't know how to pick one."

"Really? Its really easy. I'll teach you. You just gently---"

"I'm sorry. What I meant was 'I don't want to'."

4 comments:

Frankie said...

oh, I like to grocery shop. seriously...it helps me zen.

you must learn to wander about Target aimlessly, picking up things that draw your attention while sorting through your thoughts of the day.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the honesty that your relationship shares!!! OH HUSBAND...you are blessed to have the freedom to express such a thought!! Love you both...MOTHA

Unknown said...

I love this..haha! Oh, and I like to grocery shop! Just not a million trips. One big trip is nice. Then you don't have to go back for a while....but I like it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, funny Husband. Why does he have to hate on avocados? :) Did you know the OKC Arts Fest is going on this week? Let us know if you guys are going. We'll be there Sat. voluteering from 3-6pm. We miss seeing you guys!
*penny*