CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

When Husband has to Listen to My Inner Monologue

"Do you need a sandwich for lunch today?"

"I'm tired of sandwiches. I'm sick of them. I know I need to pack my lunch because it costs a fortune to eat out five days a week, but I HATE sandwiches. I am TIRED of sandwiches. Why can't I think of anything else to pack other than a sandwich? I could pack a salad, or maybe some soup. Or maybe left-overs. Wait, Brother Robby ate all our would-be left-overs. Dang it! Why didn't I think to save something for lunch so I would not have to eat a SANDWICH? Do I have any of those 'free taco' things from Taco Bueno? I could get two free tacos and drink water. Would that fill me up? Is that incredibly lame to get food totally free? Should I spring for the $1.50 drink? Wait, that totally defeats the purpose. GEEZE. Why does it cost so much money just to EAT?! Isn't that like our basic human right? Shouldn't the Founding Fathers have mentioned something about how we should all get free tacos? What is the point in having CIVIL RIGHTS if they do not include the right to eat something OTHER THAN A SANDWICH?!?"


"So, do you need a sandwich for lunch today?"

"Fine."

3 comments:

Brandon said...

Wow...amusing.

Kelly Riggs said...

lol go to BUENO and get the free tacos and the WATER!!!!

Whitney said...

Kris,
This is what you do...
Whilest everyone else at work is busy typing, blah blah other things that work people do, you sneak into the refridgerator. First, you must CAREFULLY and DECEPTIVELY hide a tupperware bowl in your shirt, purse, somewhere tricky. Then you pull the bowl out, empty someone else's yummy lunch treats into your bowl and snack away. See, if it's in YOUR tupperware, no one can truly accuse you of stealing their lunch. It's impossible. Not that I've done this but I'm sure it works.
Just a thought.