CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 23, 2007

manly men

So I'm in the car with Husband and Brother Robby after church today. I'm trying to subtly pawn Husband off on Brother Robby so they can watch football together and leave me in peace. If I have to clean the bathroom, finish Brother Robby's laundry, and study for an exam, I at least want to have So You Think You Can Dance on in the background.

Me: "So, are you guys going to watch football on the big tv today?"

Husband: "Uhhhh.... I don't know."

Brother Robby: "I don't know."

Me: "Really? Isn't it Sunday? Aren't there lots and lots of games on? Isn't there an XBox 360 to be played?"

BR: "Well, that's kind of the problem."

H: "We have an XBox problem."

Me: "really?"
[somewhat unsuccessfully suppressing a laugh, and not just a giggle, but a deep belly laugh at the drama of an XBox problem]

BR: "He broke it."

Me: "YOU BROKE IT?! DO YOU KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE THOSE THINGS ARE?!"

H: [long narrative about the specific issues with the XBox that was too long and too boring to me to even remember]

BR: "But don't worry, we'll fix it, won't we? Just come over. Bring your tools."

H: "If by tools you mean the cell phone to call the 800 number for technical support, I'll be there in a bit."

0 comments: