CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 1, 2007

the only appropriate thing to write about on this day

Welcome, October! Its good to see you. I wish you were bringing a little more cold weather [85 degrees?! in October?!], but all in all its nice to have you back.

You should know, October, that you belong exclusively to The Boss. You, October, are The Boss's* birthday month.

[Yes, you read that correctly. Others get a birthday weekend. Some only get a birthday. The Boss gets a birthday month. The world is as it should be.]

[Because, let's face it, when you pay for a wedding, you deserve a daily foot massage.]

In fact, The Boss is the original owner of birthday privileges. He taught us what it means to be the birthday boy. During the month of October, he does not go a second without a Diet Dr. Pepper in his hand. He is the prince of October. While it may seem like toil to cater to someone's every whim during their birthday month, the efforts of The Boss in teaching us all about the birthday month allowed the rest of us to act like royalty in our own respective birthday months. See? He's just making sure he teaches us those valuable life lessons. For one month out of every year, I got to boss around my brothers and not feel bad about it. And I am forever thankful for that.

So, pull up a chair, October. It's going to be a great month, a celebration of The Boss.

Happy Birthday month, Dad!


*Lest anyone try to argue with me over the dilemma of Boss' versus Boss's, I LOOKED IT UP. I am right. Deal.

5 comments:

Brandon said...

Posted. Happy?

Anonymous said...

Tell Boss Man that he will have to share birthday privileges with Pfunkfabulous this month! :) Mine is the 24th - what day is his?

Kristina said...

Haha... his birthday is the 22nd. He MIGHT share the end of the month. :) We need to see you guys this month!

Deadeye said...

Kris, your pop's gotta write a book. How can I get Britt to go for that one?

Kelly Riggs said...

Sis. Boss here. I always wondered if you kids would understand the sacrifices I made to teach you about life....

["MOTHAAAAAA...nobody cares that I'm out of Diet Dr. Pepper."]